X-ray inspection is a quick, cost-effective method of monitoring product quality. It can be used to highlight defects including missing or broken parts, incorrect assembly, cracks, voids and inclusions.
We offer a comprehensive x-ray inspection service at our facility in Milton Keynes. All the x-ray machines are real-time micro-focus which provide high resolution, high magnification images. The sample parts are manipulated using joystick controls to give the desired view. X-ray images are captured and stored on USB or CD or sent via the internet.
The inspection service is available for use during normal working hours or out-of-hours by special arrangement. Trained operators complete the work and specialist Applications Engineers are available to advise and assist with problem solving.
We have several machines with different capability including:
- Penetrating x-rays up to 200kV
- Sample size up to 600mm long
- Sample weight of 15kg
- Resolution detail to <5 microns
- Magnification to 1000X
Customers with an inspection requirement have a number of options:
- Parts delivered to us by courier will be inspected using a pre-determined set of guidelines
- Bring parts to us and watch and direct the inspection
- Operate the x-ray machines yourself after a short operator training and safety induction
Inspection is usually charged by the machine-hour but we can also agree ‘per item’ rates on batches of identical parts. We also hire out X-ray equipment for higher volume inspection requirements. See hire.
© 2019 – Electron-X Ltd